Scientist – Protein Analysis
- South East
- £32,000 - £40,000
- Life Science
About this job
Pharmaceutical development relies upon accurate and timely analysis of drug substances and drug products across all phases of development.
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical company responsible for designing and developing new biopharmaceutical treatments for a variety of disease areas. They are driven to improve their working processes and adopt advanced characterisation techniques and automation/robotics to speed up processes within their pharmaceutical development laboratories, ranging from early phase discovery to drug product formulation.
In this highly varied role, you will be responsible for:
- Analysing protein therapeutics using HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, FTIR, circular dichroism, DSC, DLS
- Assisting with the installation, training and technical support of new characterization, automation & lab efficiency equipment/technology
- Communicating results and learnings to multiple departments
Suitable candidates must have:
- Experience of analysing biopharmaceutical compounds, e.g. antibodies or similar
- Knowledge of relevant analytical techniques e.g. HPLC, UPLC, capillary electrophoresis, circular dichroism, IR, UV-VIS etc.
- Passion for digitalisation, automation, robotics and/or computation and an interest in how these concepts can be applied to a pharmaceutical development laboratory
This role is offered on an initial 12 month contract with realistic potential for progression and contract extension.
Keywords: pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, protein, antibody, analysis, HPLC, UPLC, CGE, capillary electrophoresis, CD, circular dichroism, automation, robotics, development, Slough, Reading, London, VRS8509SE
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website