Senior Design for Manufacture Engineer
- North West
- Engineering & Software
About this job
Are you an experienced engineer looking for a new challenge? A leading scientific instrumentation manufacturer is recruiting for a Senior Design for Manufacture to join the R&D team, increasing efficiency in product design.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the simplification of product structures, reduction of costs, and ensuring design and DFMA work meets EU regulatory compliance. You should be comfortable collaborating across multiple disciplines and departments and the role will involve significant knowledge transfer and training of engineering talent.
As DMFA, you will be required to produce detailed design and input into relevant documentation (Models, Drawings, Bills of Materials (BoM), Construction documentation (SAMI)), and develop estimates for work timescales. You will assist the Mechanical Design Engineer liaising between departments and suppliers, provide technical assistance where required, and ensure health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- 6 years’ experience in a relevant engineering role (e.g., Automotive, Scientific Instrumentation, Medical Devices, Aerospace)
- 3D CAD experience (e.g., Solidworks, Solid Edge, Catia, Autodesk Inventor)
- Pro E Creo experience is desirable
- Modelling and drafting experience (including GD&T)
- Experience developing both modular and singular complex assemblies
- FMEA, DFMEA specialist
- Awareness of audits, CAPA, verification and validation processes would be beneficial
Apply today to be considered!
Key Words: Design Data Manager (DDM), EU 2015/863, Mechanical Design Engineer, mass spec, mass spectrometry, physicist, physics, LC-MS, LCMS, GC-MS, GCMS, MALDI, ToF, time-of-flight, quadrupole, vacuum, UHV, ion source, Orbitrap, North West, Manchester, Cheshire, VRS8246BH
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.