Senior Scientist, Genetic Toxicology
- North West
- Life Science
About this job
Following the acquisition of a unique transgenic mutation model, our client is able to ensure the continued provision of mutagenicity assessment as an essential service to the commercial market. These studies play a central role in enabling risk evaluation for a range of agrochemical, pharmaceutical and industrial materials, where pre-existing data indicates potential harm to human health and the environment.
Due to the high demand for this service, this company is looking for an experienced GLP Laboratory Scientist with experience in genetic toxicology to join their growing team. You will provide regulatory support for all projects, ensuring they are carried out in accordance with OECD 448.
Other key responsibilities:
- Support the running of the assay within the laboratory
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the laboratory (scheduling study workload, equipment resources, appropriate allocation of workload)
- Manage the sample receipt process and ensure all samples are allocated correctly to the schedule and within GLP guidelines
- Train and mentor other team members on the practical and GLP aspects of workflow
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant science based degree with extensive experience in molecular biology or genetic toxicology
- Significant experience working in a GLP environment
- Practical knowledge of nucleic acid extraction, microbiology and/or cell culture techniques
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills for multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like a great opportunity, get in touch with VRS now!
Keywords: regulations, regulatory, regulation lead, GLP, Good Laboratory Practice, genetic toxicology, toxicology testing, transgenic mutation model, transgenic assay, mutagenicity, CRO, pharmaceutical, biotech, Manchester, North West England, VRS8192GG
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.