Senior Scientist, Research Analytics
- South East
- £49,000 - £62,000
- Life Science
About this job
Machine and Deep learning approaches can be used in NBE Discovery Research to enable improvements to the identification and quality of therapeutic candidates.
We are currently recruiting for a global pharmaceutical organisation seeking a Senior Scientist to join their research analytics team. This position is offered initially on a 12-month contract with realistic opportunity to be extended.
You will support the evolution and development of the NBE Digital projects through implementing data-science based techniques, with a focus on Antibody Discovery, Engineering and NBE therapeutic projects. Working with a diverse range of data, including omics and NGS, you will apply appropriate techniques to process, manipulate and visualize it and gain a robust understanding of the science behind the projects and the technology/assay platforms used.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- PhD in biological science with experience in informatics/data science
- Specific experience in Machine/Deep Learning preferable
- Good programming skills in relevant language e.g. Python/R/Java, Unix & cloud compute/Docker experience is desirable
- Strong biological domain knowledge, ideally in immunology with experience in antibody biology
- Previous experience with NGS data processing & analysis pipelines highly desirable
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
The successful candidate with will rewarded with an excellent salary, a collaborative work environment and an opportunity to work with a dynamic team working at the cutting edge of science.
Apply to VRS today to be considered for this excellent opportunity!
Keywords: data science, bioinformatics, Machine learning, Deep learning, programming, Python, R, Unix, cloud compute, Java, Docker, Discovery Research, NBE, Antibody Discovery, Antibody Engineering, therapeutics, Antibody biology, immunology, omics, NGS, Reading, Berkshire, VRS8186GG
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.