Senior Scientist (Stem cell/Adipose biology)
- South East
- Life Science
About this job
Plant based meat alternative foods are estimated to be worth over £1 billion in the UK alone, with year-on-year growth estimated to be 30%. Our client is at the forefront of the industry, engineering the differentiation of stem cells to adipocytes, to ultimately harvest fat and produce meat alternative foods that look and taste like the real thing, while being 100% cruelty free!
They are currently seeking a specialist biologist to join their R&D team, supporting the company’s expansion as they open their brand-new site in central London.
You will be involved in:
- Design and execution of experiments to develop adipose tissue culture system e.g. setting up and altering cell differentiation process
- Analyse fat products/ perform lipidomics of products via various analytical methods including mass spectrometry (MS)
- Liaise with Bioprocess, Food Science, Cell Engineering and other teams to fine tune production process
- A PhD (or equivalent experience in industry) in adipose biology, lipid metabolism, obesity-related metabolic disease, diabetes etc.
- Experience culturing pre-adipocytes (e.g., mesenchymal stem cells) and adipocytes
- A good understanding of the genetic and metabolic changes relating to adipose differentiation
- A good biochemical understanding and ability to understand MS data
The ideal candidate will:
The company consists of approx. 25 employees and is growing, they offer training and development programs within a supportive atmosphere. Everyone is working towards a common goal of enhancing cruelty free meat alternatives.
The salary is dependant on experience, due to the sector being quite niche, our client is open to seeing a range experience. In our client offers private health insurance, option for stocks, brand new lab/office and more!
Apply today to learn more.
Keywords: biotechnology, bioprocess, cell culture, mesenchymal stem cells, adipose, fat, metabolic, metabolism, lipid, MS, mass spectrometry, animal-free, animal free, differentiation, food, meat alternative, London, Southeast, North London, Shoreditch, VRS8097TA
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.