About this job
A highly rewarding role awaits a motivated and creative computational biologist seeking an excellent career progression opportunity within a leading pharmaceutical organisation to improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms that drive disease!
This temporary career development contract will see you join the Immunology Translational Bioinformatics Team, where you will be responsible for conducting bioinformatics new targets assessments and leveraging platforms that integrate different molecular evidences linking targets to disease. You will be working in close collaboration with the UK New Targets Team under the supervision of experienced team members to process in-house and public RNA-seq studies, develop interpretive analyses and implement machine learning or statistical modelling approaches providing various learning opportunities for the improvement of underlying technology platforms.
Your skillset will be utilised to support the analysis and interpretation of large scale -omics, and rich phenotypic data sets through a good knowledge of public and proprietary information resources related to molecular mechanisms and their disruption in disease.
- Msc (+ industry experience) or PhD in biology/bioinformatics/computer science
- Knowledge of statistical concepts, data mining and visualisation of biological data sets
- Experience programming in R or Python in a Linux/HPC environment
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience of implementing and executing NGS pre-processing and analysis pipelines, and machine learning and statistical modelling approaches is desirable
- Experience of cloud-based NGS pipelining environments such as DNA Nexus and Seven bridges
Key Words: data science, bioinformatics, computational science, molecular mechanisms, translational bioinformatics, new targets, RNA-seq, statistical modelling, technology platforms, data mining, Python, R, NGS, omics, phenotype, datasets, South East England, London, Berkshire, VRS7850GG
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.