About this job
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a scientist with advanced knowledge of NMR to join a company with excellent opportunities for growth and progression.
If you have an advanced knowledge of NMR and you want to join a company where you can make a real impact and be rewarded with support and opportunities for progression, then we want to hear from you!
The role will utilise your expertise and knowledge of NMR for the structural elucidation and quantification of a broad range of small and large organic compounds to support the Pharma, Oligonucleotide and Biopharmaceutical industry. You will act as a lead across an array of projects involving routine analysis, methods development, method validations and troubleshooting. You will also be involved in the planning and performance of analytical work, generating and interpreting data and creating reports when required.
- MSc / PhD in Chemistry (or related scientific discipline) is essential
- Minimum 2 years industry NMR experience or PhD
- In-depth knowledge of NMR (and ideally LC-MS) for the elucidation and quantification of novel organic compounds
- Comprehensive experience of working in a GxP regulatory laboratory with strong understanding of GMP principles is preferable
- Strong method development and validation experience
- Experience training, supervising, and coordinating the work of more junior scientists is preferable
- Clear written and verbal communications skills with the ability to convey processes, results, and key messages and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
Key words: NMR, small molecule, large molecule, analysis, nuclear magnetic resonance, structural elucidation, 2D NMR, 3D NMR, solution NMR, liquid NMR, solid-state NMR, pharmaceutical, oligonucleotide, biopharmaceutical, North West, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, GMP, GxP, VRS7505BH