- South East
- Analytical Chemistry
About this job
A large multi-national laboratory in Kent is looking for an accomplished Scientist with previous pharmaceutical experience to join their Analytical and Material sciences team.
At this exciting time of growth, you will play a pivotal role in establishing the laboratory as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for solid form screening and selection.
Focussing on the field of solid form screening, you will undertake the full life cycle of high-profile projects, from initial screening design through to timely delivery of final report, with key responsibilities including:
- The design and execution of salt, cocrystal and polymorph screening exercises
- Working closely with other members of the team to develop new proposals for sponsor studies assessing client needs, troubleshooting, and identifying the most appropriate analytical activities
- Analysis of pharmaceutical samples in all stages of projects, employing a broad range of analytical techniques including PXRD, SEM and many others
- Work alongside business development colleagues to expand the Solid State Service offered and raise the profile of the teams capabilities
- Present to, train and guide colleagues to build the whole departments knowledge of materials science
- Interpretation of data to provide recommendations for solid form selection
- At least 4 years solid form screening experience
- Competent use of analytical techniques (PXRD, SEM, etc) and the necessary practical requirements to work independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain information to clients, providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to work well as part of a team to help deliver company targets
Ideally candidates will have:
Are you an experienced Scientist looking to further your career and employ your knowledge of analytical chemistry?
Apply now to VRS to learn more about the role and your potential career opportunities.
Keywords: Pharmaceutical, solid form, solid form screening, polymorphs, pharma, pharmaceutical, salt, cocrystal, polymorph screening, PXRD, XRD, SEM, analytical chemistry, Kent, Southeast, Analytical, Synthetic, Medicinal, Chemistry, VRS7216PCPlease note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website