- Analytical Chemistry
About this job
Fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic company focused on the development of novel medical devices!
As a pivotal member of the team, you will drive research and development into novel graphene-based biosensor products. You will use your strong technical knowledge to solve complex problems in order to progress projects through to scale up and to market. Working largely autonomously, you will hold responsibility for your own work and will be expected to manage University partnerships as well as analyse, interpret and report data.
Applications are invited from Scientists with a strong background in the development of electrochemical biosensors, ideally for the healthcare & diagnostics sector.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- A PhD in Chemistry/Surface Science or closely related.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience developing novel biosensor technology, ideally for the healthcare or diagnostics sector.
- Solid experience undertaking electrochemical characterisation techniques including Impedance Spectroscopy and Cyclic Voltammetry.
- A commercial mindset with the ability to move projects forward.
- An enthusiasm for new technologies.
In return, you will join a friendly and motivated team of Scientists at an exciting time of expansion, as well as a competitive salary and company benefits.
If you are looking for a new challenge where you can make your mark on the industry, then this could be the role for you! Apply to VRS today!
Key words: laboratory, chemistry, electrochemistry, product development, medical devices, biosensor, diagnostic immunoassay, graphene, research and development, R&D, project management, senior, Scientist, impedance spectroscopy, biomarkers, ISO, ISO13485, Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, Fife, VRS7468AW