- South West
- £Competitive + Stock Options
- Life Science
About this job
Career defining opportunity to join an ambitious biotech start-up accelerating drug discovery through computational methods!
Primarily laboratory-based, you will work closely with Machine Learning Engineers and Computational Biologists to discover, develop and engineer novel antibodies for a broad range of disease areas. As lab Leader you will be tasked with enabling biologics discovery against challenging targets. to meet key project milestones set by internal and external stakeholders.
- Running phage display experiments against recombinant proteins & overexpressing cell lines
- Maintaining (or developing) overexpressing GPCR cell lines
- Preparing PCR products for Next-Generation Sequencing
- Identify & implement novel technologies to increase throughput, screening, & functional testing
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry (or related) with significant industry experience in a Biotech/ Biopharma environment
- Extensive experience in antibody/ biologics discovery
- Comfortable leading & delivering projects in the laboratory
- Excellent communication skills: ability to liaise confidently with key stakeholders
- An interest in using AI/ Machine Learning/ Computational method to discover & develop novel drugs
Contact Craig for further information!
Key Words: Antibody, Antibodies, Discovery, Engineering, In Vitro Display, Phage Display, Yeast Display, Ribosomal Display, MRNA Display, Machine Learning, AI, Computational Biologists, Biologics, NGS, Next Generation Sequencing, England, Wales, South West, Bristol, Cardiff, Bath, Newport, VRS7331CR
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.