- East Anglia
- Non-Laboratory & Other Scientific Roles
About this job
Exciting opportunity for a Principal Scientist to join the bioanalytical department of a leading biotech specialising in early disease detection using a range of novel biomarkers.
Calling upon your expertise in a discovery setting (diagnostic or therapeutic applications) you will provide technical leadership and an innovative approach to the development of novel diagnostics. You will devise strategy for the department engaging with key partners (e.g., CROs) where appropriate to deliver in vivo or in vitro models for biomarker discovery and proof of concept projects. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the technical challenges of these projects are overcome in a timely manner.
- Ph. D or equivalent experience in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry etc.
- Extensive industry experience within a drug development or diagnostic environment
- Expert technical leadership – an ability to devise & deliver bioanalytical strategy
- Experience communicating with key stakeholders is essential
Applications are invited from candidates with a range of backgrounds: -
- Large & small molecule analytical chemistry e.g., chromatography, NMR, fluorescence, mass spectrometry
- Molecular analysis, PCR, DNA extraction & protein analysis
- Metabolite ID & structural elucidation
- CMC, excipients, & API analysis
Please note this is an officed based position with flexibility for some home working – weekly travel to our client’s site in Cambridge is essential.
Apply to VRS to be considered for this career defining position!
Key words: Principal Scientist, Lead Scientist, Bioanalysis, Biomarkers, Proteomics, Transcriptomics, Metabolomics, Drug Development, Diagnostic Development, Early Discovery, Translation Science, Strategy, LC-MS, GC-MS, PCR, DNA, Protein Analysis, Met ID, Structural Elucidation, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, South East,
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.