About this job
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Analyst/Supervisor/Team Leader to take their next career step into laboratory management! Working within a fast-growing testing organisation, you will lead a friendly team of 5, overseeing workflow and undertaking biological sample analysis for toxicological assessment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Efficient and effective throughput of biological samples for toxicological analysis, ensuring a fast and high-quality service is delivered to clients
- Running Beckman AU680 and AU480 instruments to screen oral fluid and urine samples for drugs of abuse
- Staff training, day-to-day management, reviews and appraisals
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration of equipment, ensuring service agreements are in place and records held
- Ensure stock levels of reagents and consumables are maintained
- Analyse biological samples according to SOPs and regulatory requirements (ISO17025 & ISO9001)
- Ensure SOPs are accurate and kept up to date
- Raise non-conformances, planned deviations, changes, risks and improvements as required
- Handle customer enquiries and liaise with suppliers
- Adhere to Health & Safety procedures to ensure safety of all staff
- Produce statistical data and assist with audits as required
- Toxicological background is desirable
- Knowledge of the Beckmann instruments is desirable (although candidates with experience running other automated immunoassay platforms, with the confidence and knowledge to transfer their expertise to Beckmann systems, are also invited to apply!)
- Experience of running a successful team
- Exposure to UKAS ISO17025 or equivalent
- Strong team working abilities and excellent organisation and communication skills
Apply to VRS Recruitment today!
Key words: chemistry analyser, Beckman Coulter, biomedical science, toxicology, toxicologist, toxicological, drug, alcohol, screening, biological samples, analysis, analyst, supervisor, manager, team leader, ISO17025, LIMS, Cheshunt, Enfield, London, Essex, Hertfordshire, VRS7006BH
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.