- South East
- £28,000 - £39,000
- Life Science
About this job
Excellent opportunity for a Fermentation Scientist to join the Upstream Process Sciences department within a leading biopharmaceutical organisation!
The successful candidate must be able to travel to travel to Switzerland for extended periods of time (several weeks), when it is safe to do so, to our clients manufacturing facility.
- To conduct a broad range of process development experiments/activities (from 250ml – 200L) including process optimisation and troubleshooting investigations
- Measure, evaluate and determine cellular response to process operation changes, assess scalability/tech transfer to a GMP facility and ensure product quality is in line with company standards
- Collaborate with multiple process scientists from Upstream, Downstream, and Analytical departments, review and update internal protocols, and contribute to the maintenance of a safe laboratory working environment.
- A minimum of a BSc/ BEng (or equivalent) in Biology, Biotechnology or related
- Experience working in a lab environment, ideally with E. coli cells
- Experience designing and performing process development experiments including optimisation and troubleshooting is advantageous.
- Experience working in a large-scale cGMP lab facility working with high-throughput technologies, e.g. automation, is highly advantageous
Apply to VRS today to be considered for this unique and highly rewarding position!
Have questions? Contact Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV!
Please note: this role is offered on an initial 12-month contract with realistic potential to extend.
Key Words: Microbial, Fermentaion, E. Coli, Bioreactor, Biopharma, cGMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, Scale-up, Tech transfer, Upstream, Downstream, Analytical, Process Sciences, Lab scale, Pilot Scale, Process Optimisation, Troubleshooting, Data Interpretation, High-throughput, Automation, South East, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire, London Met, Slough, Reading, Oxford, Stevenage, VRS6945CR
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.