- South East
- Commensurate with experience
- Non-Laboratory & Other Scientific Roles
About this job
Are you an experienced and results-driven Project Manager, looking for a diverse and challenging project for 2021?
In this diverse and multifaceted role, you will be responsible for delivering the smooth relocation of a prestigious forensic laboratory within the South West London area. Working inline with the companies Transfer Plan, you will engage with key stakeholders across all the business’ departments (both laboratory and supporting functions) throughout the remaining planning stages and execution of the move, through to final close out/snagging. Your responsibilities will include:
- Review the sequence and timing of events on an ongoing basis against the Transfer Plan, proposing any changes required in response to ‘live’ circumstances
- check capacity assumptions for each department prior to equipment moves and ensure that agreed service levels will still be met during transition
- Review layouts with department leads prior to department/sub-department moves; delivering adjustments accordingly
- Manage all elements of equipment, people and systems transfer
- Ensuring clear communication of plan and timelines of the move throughout staff & operate as key POC for 3rd party suppliers and key clients
- Construct and maintain database of snagging issues by department
- Ensure smooth hand-back of existing site to landlord, in line with tenant contractual obligations
Applications are invited from highly organised Project Managers, with experience of coordinating company site/department moves. You must have strong appreciation for a number of business functions; previous laboratory experience is desirable, although not essential. Exemplary communication and influencing skills are imperative to succeed in this fast-paced project.
The role is offered on a fixed term contract until the end of December 2021. Due to the nature of the business (forensics) you must have lived/worked in the UK consistently for the past 3 years in order to achieve security clearance.
Key words: Laboratory, Science, Scientific, Project Management, Facilities, Logistics, Procurement, London, South West London, Middlesex, Heathrow, Twickenham VRS6921SP
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.