- Mainland Europe
- Life Science
About this job
Excellent opportunity for a Biotransformation &/or Metabolite ID Specialist to join a leading pharmaceutical organization!
Working as part of a small team of Mass Spectrometry experts you will contribute to the discovery and development of novel drug candidates in the areas of Immunology & Neuroscience. You will call upon your metabolic chemistry expertise to successfully generate, report and communicate the metabolic profiles of drug candidates across a broad range of complex matrices with specific emphasis on active and reactive metabolites.
- PhD (or equivalent) experience in Analytical Chemistry or Organic Chemistry
- Expertise in Metabolic Chemistry with the ability to translate an in-depth knowledge of drug metabolism & physicochemical properties into the design of NCEs
- Excellent scientific communication skills – must be able to defend work & collaborate with other departments e.g., Medicinal Chemists
- Excellent understanding of the expression / functionality of drug metabolizing enzymes
- Extensive experience with High Resolution Mass Spectrometry Systems - with Thermofisher systems ideally
- Strong understanding of MIST guidelines
- Experience working with radiolabeled drugs would be advantageous
My client are also able to accommodate a Medicinal Chemist with excellent understanding chemical structure seeking a move into the Biotransformation/ Analytical space
Apply to VRS today to be considered for this highly rewarding opportunity or contact Craig for further details!
Key Words: Biotransformation, Met ID, Metabolites, DMPK, ADME, Drug Design, NCEs, Enzymology, Radiolabeled Drugs, MIST, Mass Spectrometry, High Resolution, Thermofisher, Waters,Sciex, Agilent, Orbitrap, Q Exactive, Velos, Pharmaceuticals, United Kingdom, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, London, Oxford, Reading, Slough, VRS6897CR
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.