- £25,000 - £33,000
- Non-Laboratory & Other Scientific Roles
About this job
Excellent opportunity for an Equipment & Facilities Manager to join an expanding laboratory in York.
Utilising your strong validation and organisational skills you will be responsible for the effective management of equipment ensuring the smooth running of the laboratory daily.
Your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Ensuring calibration and maintenance of scientific instruments, preventing issues, investigating faults if required.
- Liaising and acting as the main point of contact for external service providers e.g., engineers etc.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a contingency plan for any equipment failure
- Collaborate with Procurement and Logistics managers to ensure efficient running of all lab systems
- Work alongside QA teams to ensure relevant quality systems and regulations are implemented and adhered too
- Implementing and ensuring adherence to all Health and Safety procedures in both the laboratory and offices. Work with 3rd party consultants, team managers to provide effective H&S training.
- A minimum of a foundation degree in a relevant discipline e.g., Facilities Management and/or scientific subject
- Existing experience in equipment and facilities management, ideally from a laboratory environment
- Experience of accreditation systems e.g., ISO9001, ISO17025, GLP
- Some experience with managing team members is desirable
Apply to VRS today to be considered for this rewarding opportunity!
Key Words: Equipment, Facilities, Management, Calibration, Engineers, IQ, OQ, PC, Qualification, Quality Assurance, Health and Safety, H&S, Instruments, Pipettes, Balance, Temperature Mapping, Fridge, Freezer, Validation Plans, URS, User Requirement Specifications, North Yorkshire, Hull, Middlesbrough, Leeds, Harrogate, York, VRS6882CR
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.