About this job
Excellent opportunity for an early career scientist to join a highly reputable biopharmaceutical organisation as Data Scientist!
This is a multi-faceted position where you will gain exposure to novel approaches to biologics drug discovery.
- Support and add value to the discovery pipeline: target identification, validation, biomarker discovery & patient stratification using omics data
- Utilise strong background in biologics and their development to establish analytical workflow and optimise AI methodologies
- Process, analyse and interpret poly-omic data from across the company portfolio
- PhD (or equivalent experience) with a proficiency in a range of bioinformatical programming languages such as Python or R
- Strong understanding of starting principles in statistics, data mining and visualisation of biological data
- Expertise in integrative analysis of multiple omic data types including advanced statistical, machine learning and deep learning methods
- Experience of operating in an HPC Unix environment, cloud-based computational and/or pipelining platforms
Please note: This role is initially offered on a 12-month contract with realistic potential to be extended.
Key Words: Data, Big Data, Bioinformatics, Programming, R, Python, Statistical, Data Mining, Data Visualisation, HPC Unix, Cloud-based, Computational, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Biological, Biopharma, Biopharmaceutical, Drug Discovery, Omics, Poly-Omics, Target ID, Target Validation, Biomarker Discovery, Oxford, Hertfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Oxford, Reading, London, Slough, VRS6727CR
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.