- South East
- Analytical Chemistry
About this job
Exciting opportunity to join a prestigious laboratory in London! A leading global chemical company is seeking an experienced Research Scientist to join their highly regarded Mass Spectrometry team.
As a member of the team, you will work on international mass spectrometry research projects focusing on protein structure analysis and characterisation.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- Development and validation of mass spectrometry methods for protein structure analysis and characterisation,
- Work on a broad range of high-resolution mass spectrometry instruments including Orbitrap and TOF systems.
- Take the lead on national and international projects, liaising with other groups and collaborators
- Train and supervise junior members of the team
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A PhD in Chemistry (or related subject) and/or relevant experience
- Strong hands-on experience with mass spectrometry related to proteomics and protein structural analysis
- Previous experience in writing papers and presenting their work to scientific peers and/or stakeholders
- A desire to develop as a leading expert mass spectrometrist in qualitative high res LC/MS/MS.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for which all applicants with an appropriate scientific background, enthusiasm and willingness to learn are encouraged to apply!
Key words: Scientist, Senior Scientist, Researcher, protein mass spectrometry, proteomics, mass spectrometry, mass spec, mass spectrometer, structure analysis, protein characterization, structural analysis, TOF, Orbitrap, Time of flight, research, organic chemistry, bioanalysis, organic mass spectrometry, London, South East, VRS6714FPPlease note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.