- South East
- £35,000 - £45,000
- Engineering & IT
About this job
A cutting-edge, high technology company is looking for an R&D Engineer to join them, working in a focused engineering team specialising in mass spectrometry.
The role is an exciting opportunity for a Product Development Engineer to get involved in all stages of design, development and testing of mass spectrometers, ion sources and vacuum systems.
The ideal candidate will have a MSc/PhD in Physics or Chemical Physics with 3+ years relevant research and development experience. Key skills also include:
- Conversant with mass spectrometers and their use
- A good understanding of the Physics and Chemistry of mass spectrometry
- Practical experience of vacuum systems design and development
- Design and optimisation of scientific experiments and investigations
Other preferable (but not essential) skills include:
- Modelling of ion optics (Simion, Amaze)
- Physical modelling, CFD experience (OpenFOAM, COMSOL, ANSYS)
- Mechanical CAD skills (AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Ability to automate testing and data processing/analysis (Python, VB, Labview, Lua, etc)
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join a forward thinking company at a time of expansion - Apply to VRS now for further details!
Keywords: development engineer, product development, physicist, development physicist, R&D, development scientist, mass spectrometry, mass spec, mass spectrometer, Research, vacuum systems, ion source, quadrupole, ion trap, ion optics, ToF, Time of Flight, Physics, LC/MS, LCMS, LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, South East, Surrey, Wokingham, London, Camberley, Guildford, VRS6267EMPlease note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.