- All Locations
- Competitive + Bonus, Car, phone, laptop
- Analytical Chemistry, Scientific Sales & Marketing
About this job
In this role you will be responsible for developing new relationships and nurturing existing ones within the Bio/pharmaceutical sector. Your goal is to grow revenue – increasing business in our client’s CMC services (Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls).
As a Business Development Manager you will oversee the entire commercial process from;
- Securing new opportunities via a variety of avenues such as; attending conferences, growing your network, identifying new groups with existing clients etc.
- Responding to enquiries, rapidly promoting the different areas of services available through your expert understanding of CMC services and processes
- Preparing and presenting proposals
- Negotiating contracts – costings, delivery, timeframes
You will be expected to exceed annual sales targets, explore new markets, and track/exploit industry trends. You will focus on the UK and wider European market, travelling when required.
The successful candidate will be either an experienced Business Development professional with a track record of selling CMC or analytical services testing services; or a highly experienced CMC scientist looking to move into business development. Significant experience/knowledge of the CMC sector, ideally focusing around small molecule analysis and an understanding of GCP and GLP is highly desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking a new challenge selling the services of a successful and progressive cutting edge analytical research facility. The reward is a diverse and challenging role offering an excellent remuneration package with commission structure, bonus, company car and benefits.
Contact VRS now to learn more about this exciting new role!Key Words: Sales, business, development, account, management, business, development, biopharmaceutical, biopharma, antibody, preclinical, business development director, monoclonal, protein drugs, clinical, HPLC, LC-MS, biological, bioassays, GCP, GLP, LCMS, Chemistry, manufacturing and controls, pharmaceutical, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Oxford, Nottingham, Derby, UK, Germany, Belgium, DACH home based